The Livingston History Barn
Welcome to the town of Livingston, NY
This town was organized in 1788 by Robert Livingston. Robert was the 1st lord of the manor located in Livingston which was named after him.
An ore car, donated by Charles Schneider stands outside the history barn. The original Iron Mountain originated in Burden iron mine in Linlithgo. Burden is now a ghost town in Livingston.
This kitchen was common in households through the 1930s-1950s.
Did somebody say coffee?
Blacksmith tools displayed on the wall along with many other historical items at the history barn library.
History Barn Hours
(or by appointment)
The History Barn
Come take a tour of the history barn library, located directed behind the Livingston town hall!
A Museum of the Town of Livingston
The Livingston History Barn has revolving exhibits covering our Town’s history of agriculture, economy, military engagements, everyday life, and more. It is a resource to those seeking the genealogy of their ancestors and who wish to learn more about the rich past of our community.
Hours of Operation
Saturday 10:00-1:00 or by appointment.